Cyndi Price specializes in intellectual property law with a concentration on the high-tech sector. For over 20 years, she has been counseling start-ups and Fortune 100 companies in strategic procurement and protection of intellectual property rights. As in-house counsel in the Silicon Valley, she has helped safeguard and enforce the intellectual property rights of companies such as Hewlett-Packard, Seagate Technology, and Cypress Semiconductor.
Ms. Price has expertise in advising technology corporations in strategic risk analysis and management, ethical and zealous legal representation and advocation, due diligence, efficient software systems for legal applications, in negotiating and drafting agreements for strategic business relationships and transactions, complex IP licensing and development, drafting IP opinions on infringement, invalidity and freedom to operate, facilitating brainstorms for identified portfolio gaps, brand management and protection, IP corporate training, and IP monetization.
- Litigated and successfully resolved matter in U.S. District Court for Eastern District of California for patent, trademark, and trade dress infringement breach of license agreement and wrongful termination.
- Execution of brand management legal strategy, including advising product development and engineering teams on IP acquisitions, marketing names, packaging and patentability of products.
- Counsel corporate executives on legal risks with respect to litigation for patent and copyright infringement, mergers and acquisitions, business development, external research, information protection, marketing, sales, supply chain management, licensing, corporate communications, eSecurity, antitrust issues, cybersecurity, open-source licensing, and FTC compliance.
- Counsel entrepreneurial start-ups on IP opportunities and investment strategies.
- Integral part of infringement and validity analysis team identifying client patents that apply to competitor products and generating corresponding claim charts.
- Evaluated IP portfolios for acquisition.
- Evaluated IP portfolios and associated products in anticipation of litigation, including potential claims, counterclaims, and defenses.
Maintaining a diverse practice, Ms. Price has helped clients develop, acquire, and protect intellectual property assets across a wide array of technology industries, including:
- SaaS Applications
- Mobile Software Applications
- Computer Hardware
- Magnetic Hard Drives
- Integrated Circuits
- Wi-Fi Chips
- Processor Chips
- Memory Chips
- Pepperdine University School of Law. J.D. cum laude, 1998
- Stanford University. M.S. Engineering, 1995
- University of California, Irvine. B.S. Engineering, 1994
- U.S. District Court – Central and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; registered patent attorney
- Stanford Alumni Outreach Volunteer Alumni Link (OVAL) Program, 2017 to Present.